Compare Quotes in 2 Minutes
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It can be affirmed today that adolescents have a greater risk to insure than the rest of the population. Thus, in the United States, rates are a bit more expensive for auto insurance for those who are 18 years old.
We can ask ourselves: What is the cost of car insurance for young people who are 18 years old? How to save your money with auto insurance at age 18? Read on to learn about these and many other auto insurance concerns and its cost at the age of 18.
A youth this age must pay for auto insurance of $ 2,200 to $ 2,500 annually
According to research conducted online for auto insurance, an 18-year-old must pay $ 2,200 to $ 2,500 annually in the United States.
These costs can change concerning the following aspects: age, gender, location. An 18-year-old girl may be able to pay $ 2,200 annually, while the price for a young man of the same age can be greater than $ 2,500. With this in mind, when running an average analysis, the vast majority of 18-year-olds must pay between $ 2,200 to $ 2,500 annually for auto insurance.
Do young men have to pay more for auto insurance than women? According to statistics, young people have a higher risk to insure. This is because they have a higher risk of having an accident. With the support of databases related to insurance from previous years, it is estimated that an 18-year-old driver can be one of the most difficult to cover by a company due to its high cost. In this way, you will have to pay higher prices.
On the other hand, prices decrease in relation to age, mainly if there are no infractions. A 19-year-old girl will be able to pay $ 1,000 per year, while a young person of the same age will pay approximately $ 2,000 per year. This is an example to show that as age increases to 20 years, costs decrease.
What Makes 18 Year Old Auto Insurance Prices Vary?
As we discussed earlier, 18-year-olds can pay $ 2,200 to $ 2,500 annually for auto insurance in the United States. However, you must bear in mind several factors that influence this payment:
• How old were you when you got the license: There are teenagers who, using a learner’s permit, from the age of 14, drive safely. Some wait until the age of 18 before obtaining a license. By having more experience, the cost of insurance will be lower. For example, a teenager who got her driver’s license when she turned 16 will pay less insurance premium than someone who recently obtained it at 18 years old.
• Clean Record: Young people pay the highest prices in America. Despite this, prices can go up if you have an accident. Young people who cause an accident will feel a more significant burden on their finances.
• Violations and fines for high speed: According to analyzes carried out, those who receive fines for having a high speed have a greater risk to insure. The cost of insurance can increase even more if you are fined for a speeding violation or speeding ticket.
• Driving school: Taking driving classes before owning your license will allow various insurance companies to give you significant discounts.
• Your parents ‘insurance relative to yours: If you still live at home with your parents, you can save money if you get auto insurance under your parents’ policy, instead of yours.
• Laws: We can find expensive insurance premiums in individual states, considering that each one has different auto insurance systems. To cite an example, in Louisiana, insurance costs are higher than in North Carolina, for all ages.
How to get affordable car insurance for an 18-year-old?
Fortunately, there are ways to save and have premiums at reasonable prices. Here are some of them:
- Buy a car at low prices: There are ways to save, but we can argue that this is one of the best for a young person of 18 years: buying a car at an affordable price. An older vehicle, affordably priced and with lots of miles, is cheaper than a new car. It’s actually cheaper by eliminating collision and comprehensive insurance.
- Driving courses: Several teenagers take safety or defensive courses. They are focused on developing the culture, ethics, and legal limits of a driver. But it also contributes to a reduction in the cost of insurance of 10% and 15%.
- Join your parents’ insurance: Several teens buy their own insurance policies. However, many join their parents’ auto insurance and find it much more beneficial to their finances. If you own a family car, it is ideal to use this method that we show you.
- Compare with various quotes: In the United States, all companies provide auto insurance to 18-year-olds. They can compare and find different quotes online by accessing the one that best suits their needs. Enter your zip code to get started. Then check the quotes that will be displayed. If you wish, you can request a quote from a particular reputable company in advance of a policy contract. Enjoy these wonderful benefits of being able to search online and discover the best auto insurance for 18-year-olds.
You can be guided by this writing related to auto insurance to safely increase your savings in any city in the United States.